Big Brother 14 Premiere: 12 New HouseGuests, 4 Returning “Coaches”, and One of Them Gets Evicted Tonight (7/12/12 live recap)
Summertime is Big Brother time, and Big Brother 14 is back for another attack. This season there will be 16 HouseGuests competing and 4 of these HouseGuests will be returning from past seasons of the show. Stick with Nerdles as we’ll give you the freshest updates on the show’s season premiere tonight beginning 9/8C.
Until then, here’s the HouseGuest list for Big Brother 14 (yes, the 4 returning HouseGuests are revealed here so read at your own risk):
- Ashley Iocco, 26, entrepreneur from West Hollywood, California.
- Danielle Murphree, 23, nurse from Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Frank Eudy, 28, unemployed from Naples, Florida.
- Ian Terry, 21, engineering student from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Jenn Arroyo, 37, musician from Brooklyn, New York.
- Jodi Rollins, 42, restaurant waitress from Calipatria, California.
- Joe Arvin, 41, chef from Schererville, Indiana.
- JoJo Spatafora, 26, bartender from Staten Island, New York.
- Kara Monaco, 29, model from L.A., California.
- Shane Meaney, 26, house flipper from Bennington, Vermont.
- Wil Heuser, 24, marketing consultant from Louisville, Kentucky.
- Willie Hantz, 34, tankerman from Dayton, Texas.
Dan from BB#10
Janelle from BB#6 and BB All-Stars
Britney from BB#12
Mike “Boogie” from BB#2 and BB All-Stars Winner
Since their own respective Big Brother appearances, they’ve all either gotten married, had kids, or both. And now, their big reveal to the unknowing 12 HouseGuests. The 12 aren’t initially too happy about it until they’re told they’ll be there to coach them (at which they change their moods and start clapping and smiling).
But what’s in it for the 4 coaches? $100,000. Yup. Now there are two games going on in the Big Brother house now – one for $500,000 and one for $100,000.
One of the HouseGuests, Will, happens to look like reality TV star, Russel Hantz of Survivor. In fact, Will is his brother but he’s trying to hide that from everyone else in the Big Brother house. He thinks it will work against him, but the BB Coaches are on to him. Boogie and Janelle make an early decision to watch out for him. These two are goooood.
Chenbot calls the HouseGuests together to explain why the original 12 only received invitations and not keys – one of them will be evicted. Tonight. Commercial break now folks! We’ll be back.
It’s now time for the Big Brother Coaches to pick their teams. Britney is up first. She picks Shane. Boogie chooses second with Frank. Janelle chooses third and picks up Wil (with one “L”). Dan is last and chooses Kara. Picks then go in reverse, and the final team rosters are below:
Team Britney: Shane, Willie, Jojo
Team Boogie: Frank, Ian, Jenn
Team Janelle: Wil, Ashley, Joe
Team Dan: Danielle, Kara, Jodi
The first challenge is up and everyone gets dressed in their PJs. The coach of the 1st place team gets to choose which of their members gets to be the Head of Household (HoH), while the coach of the last place team has to choose who goes home. For the challenge, the teams have to go through a sort of Wipeout-esque relay race trial where they have to jump on three twisting, tottering beds to collect teddy bears. It’s hilarious as all of them are falling flat on their faces. It’s funny like how Wipeout is funny. Good stuff.