Today, The Dr. Oz Show‘s audience tell us about how they’ve lost an average of 9 pounds each in 2 weeks after eliminating wheat, alcohol, sugar and dairy from their diets. They followed Dr. Oz’s plan, which includes water with lemon, a breakfast smoothie, protein, hummus, pickles and nuts.
Dr. Oz’s audience went through his diet for 2 weeks and lost an average of 9 pounds each. But what’s the average weight of each person? Anyway, the dieters went without:
- dairy. Except Greek yogurt.
- artificial sweeteners, which can increase your waist size by 70%. Like from 30 to 51 inches? Click for additional research on the impact of artificial sweetners.
- coffee. It’s not the coffee itself, but the cream, sugar and donuts that we take with it.
Dr. Oz releases balloons over the audience to show how each item in the eliminated above, releases fat. Now, what can you eat and drink?
- Start each day with hot water and 1/2 lemon.
- breakfast smoothie made of bananas and other ingredients.
- Greek yogurt, brown rice, 6 oz protein, organic green tea, oil and avocado.
- Snack on nuts, hummus & pickles.
- low-glycemic vegetables and low-sodium vegetable broth
Elizabeth lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. She used boiled zucchini as pasta, and whipped up a sauce made of fried onions, tomatoes and fresh garlic (photo). Another dieter brings in her belt, which has enough space to put her leg in.
“Pink” medication for acid reflux can cause B12 deficiency, so Dr. Oz recommends taking the following instead:
- DGL licorice chews chewable tablets, which she says tastes good.’
- baking soda. Add 1 tbsp to 1/2 cup water.
Dr. Oz shows us a mock-up of how we can reduce acid reflux by tightening the sphincter muscle. He plays the sphincter, which he tightens with a ribbon while an audience member plays the acid reflux. She puts in confetti inside a pink mock-up so tall Dr. Oz had to go up a ladder to tighten the sphincter, represented by a ribbon.
Dr. Oz then has three experts make over a 51-year-old:
- Rodney Cutler, celebrity hairstylist, owner of Cutler/Redken Salons, and who has done 2,000+ clients
- Raychel Wade, celebrity makeup artist, owner of Cheek, who has done 1,000+ clients
- Daisy Llewelyn, style expert, the Queen of Effortless Chic, has done 500+ clients
Rodney gives the “feeling old” woman bangs. Raychel gives her a pink blush and matching lipstick. Daisy puts her in an orange leather jacket and pumps with narrow toe boxes.
Check out Dr. Oz’s website for the 31-day Jan-YOU-ary plan to make you healthy.
That’s our review of the best of Dr. Oz today, 1/6/14. Tune in for tomorrow’s recap on Ayurvedic health solutions. Til then, please check out our Dr. Oz archive by using the “Search” widget on the right sidebar.
Image Credit: Dr. Oz.